View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 07:19 PM   #22
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post
rain and suffering as a commonality that everyone experiences has been literary theme for CENTURIES.

people that make it/succeed the level they were in the 90's obviously feel a certain 'god speaking through me' moments of doubt. It's an obvious progression. once you know you've got millions of people listening to you, it'll 100% affect what you want to choose to communicate to them. wanna call that influence 'god'? eh. Personally i'm chaotic negative, but I could see how that position could change someone. And personal change is something that's hard to fully grasp when its' thrust upon you the way it is with fame. Sure, call it 'real magic'.

the only thing that's met*a about this is how billy didn't really have anything to say once he got there, so he just talked about being there. like famous rappers rapping about all their gold and wealth once they've gotten it. Sorry dude, us plebs down here don't got those riches and don't get what you're on about.
That's true about rain. Billy is consciously aware of symbolism in rock and is maintaining a consistent symbolic language across his work as part of a bigger picture. And you're right about Billy realizing he had nothing to say when he reached the top. That was his crisis in the attic. He didn't sing about being rich and famous either, he sung about the trappings of fame shattering Glass.

As for God...
  • "They asked 'What's the future of Rock?' and I said 'God'"
  • "I think God is the great unexplored territory in rock and roll music"
  • "Bono and Co. created the template for modern Christian Rock, and I'd like to think Jesus would want us all to evolve"