View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 03:43 PM   #3
Lysergic
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Chrome View Post
I personally can't wait. It looks like it could be a Tuss continuation but hopefully will incorporate flavors from other styles he has done as well. I am sure it is going to be great stuff nonetheless.
Aphex Twin and The Pumpkins are both in my top-5 acts of all time so there you go. I'm pretty sure I've also seen a dude with the RDJ album cover as avatar around here.
Makes me wonder, has Corgan ever acknowledged Aphex or some other IDM artist like Autechre or something? I somehow doubt it'd be his cup of tea....
nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. i'd imagine the album will probably just be another mixture of ambient, breakbeat, etc. Aphex stays consistently good. He is even more weird and secretive about his process then Billy Corgan but i'd imagine he probably works on music literally from when he wakes up until he goes to bed. he is claiming he has enough material for like 10+ albums he has recorded since "Druqs"...but he is also a pathological liar so who knows? either way, i'm excited to hear it.

i dunno...to me Billy seems like someone who might enjoy Aphex Twin's music. i know he does like electronica...but it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. if they every collaborated, though, that would just be fuckin rad.