View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 03:44 AM   #166
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

seminal bleep bleep bloop artist Radiohead's 9th album is a pensive and somnambulant spirit walk into surreal soundscapes, dream gardens, and alien worlds as usually experienced only by those fast asleep. Favorites:

Decks Dark is the best track on the album and one of the best songs they've ever done IMO. It has such an infectious groove. I love when the choral part comes in at ~1:25. Also it's fucking sick when the song changes a minute and a half from the end and they just riff on their instruments a bit. Desert Island Disk is weirdly psychedelic for Radiohead and also a great fucking song. It actually reminds me a little bit of Suffer at certain moments. Identikit is another excellent groover. I love how the song changes and then comes full circle. The bass line is killer and the dual guitar thing at the end is orgasmic. Also noteworthy is Present Tense. The guitar work here is my favorite on the album. One of their prettiest songs.

there are no bad songs here, but I would say Burn the Witch, Ful Stop, and True Love Waits are the weak links. Something about BtW and Ful Stop is really unfulfilling to me, like I want the songs to do more but they never really "get there."