View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 02:09 PM   #731
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Sexual View Post
For example, how does D'Arcy add to that strength?
She's the most rooted person in the band. I think D'Arcy has more to do with the band staying together than anybody else because D'Arcy has a weird strength. She's been the bridge of communication between me and James. Because me and James formed the band, it was the problem in that relationship more than any other that really jeopardized any future we had. The band was formed out of naiveté: "OK, we're going to make this superrock, this fucking heavy-duty music. But we're not going to assume the posturing." People want their rock stars to be beautiful and perfect, drug addled and mysterious. They don't want the reflection of normal people. And we've insisted on being normal–to the point of probably hurting ourselves and then getting beat over the head for it.

The reality is, you write nearly all the songs, and you're the sonic doctor in the studio. In a band of equals, you're far more equal than the others.
It's an agreed-upon way of doing things. I'm not taking anything from anybody and no one is giving me anything grudgingly. To an outsider it looks incredibly uneven. But D'Arcy would probably tell you that she doesn't understand why I spend two days on a mix. I'm not assuming responsibilities that I've taken away from someone else.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rol...iew-52473/amp/
It is happy to see your posting. Yes really informative points. I will tell this information again to my friend thank you?