View Single Post
Old 02-16-2021, 01:19 AM   #57
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!
Talking

this is an interesting and fun topic to think about. i'm going purely from what stands out in memory. if i were to actually put the albums on, i would surely have some different selections:

Gish - "like liquid peppermint" *floaty guitar, ascending bass line* "just taste the driiiiiink that sheeeeee seeeeent"

SD - "i shall be freeee! freee! freee of these voices inside meeee heee yeahhhh" *doo dunna doo, doo dunna dunnadoo, doo dunna doo, dunna do dunna do do*

Pisces Iscariot - "it's so unfair. when they can't see. that i'm the boy. who really needs. their loooove" then everything comes back in.. actually no! im going with plume, "oh yeah, another day, oh yeah, what a waste" with that dirty, dirty guitar sound and the intentionally not flashy drum fill following that

MCIS - "may the king of doom be forever dooooomed" or better yet the solo in this song. yeah, going with the climax of this song's solo. i wish i didn't have to limit myself to just one for this album

TAFH - jeez, this is a hard one.. i'm going with "you're the ageless seasons at rest, at last" *gentle strum*

Adore - the first time the soft, distant percussion comes in on to sheila, with an incredibly close second being the banjo part in this song.

Machina I - i really like the start of sacred and profane.. you're ensconced in that fuzz, and iha's line, and the drums sounding thick and syrupy.. pretty coll

Machina II - been so long since i've listened that it's hard to say, but i remember really liking the sounds of try, try, try alternate. that thin sounding palm-muted strumming, with the little repeating synth and the soft-ish sounding drums.. its a real nice sound

MSOTS - don't know, don't care

Zeitgeist - i really like that part in starz when jimbo keeps smashing the cymbal over and over and over

Oceania - ah jeez, i don't know. i could find one if i listened to it, but nothing stands out in memory like the above albums

now i will go read what everyone else posted and surely be reminded of many i wish i had remembered