Thread: Karens
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 08:40 PM   #23
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

I got a customer one of the last days I worked, she was at CS but I was also doing lottery, and the lottery person got there first, so I walked over to the terminal and told the lady in the middle I'd be right with her, and started helping the lotto person.

She goes "what did you say?" and I thought she didn't hear me, so I said "I said I'll be right with you"

She goes on to tell me that the lady in front of me deserves more respect, and I just rudely said "what do you want?" to her while not even looking at the lady I was helping.

I say that's not what I said. She said oh yes it is, I have great hearing. Publix has a code of ethics and basically called me unethical for something I didn't even do that wouldn't even have been unethical, just rude...

Finally I get back to her and she's still going on and I'm like look, that's not what I said. She keeps going on and I'm like fine, can I help you?

At this point I don't want to seem like a bitch and I'm trying to be overly nice because I know she's interpreting everything I'm doing as spiteful even though it's not. She's finally goes ANYWAY, give me (whatever) and I ring it up and I'm like okay anything else (like normal) and it's obvious she expected me to fight and she doesn't know what to say now that I'm just ringing her up and not fighting with her. She just says... "and I'll take that receipt" and that was it. I expected her to complain, but she didn't.

I was kind of proud of myself for not agreeing I said some shit I didn't say.

This whole thing would have bothered me A LOT like five years ago but it just made me mad for a few mins

so either she 1) know I didn't say that and was doing on purpose or 2) cannot think for one moment maybe she heard me wrong.