View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 12:17 PM   #131
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

God is not through with Wayne Tracker just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by author
The US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has said he only accepted the job after being convinced by his wife.

Mr Tillerson, former head of Exxon Mobil with no previous political experience, said in an interview he was "stunned" with the invitation.

"I didn't want this job. I didn't seek this job," he told the conservative website Independent Journal Review (IJR) during his recent visit to Asia.

"My wife told me I'm supposed to do this."

In the wide-ranging interview, Mr Tillerson said he had been due to retire this month after spending more than 40 years at oil giant Exxon Mobil. He turns 65 on Thursday.

"I was going to go to the ranch to be with my grandkids," he added in the interview, as he returned to the US from Beijing.

Mr Tillerson said he had never met Donald Trump before his election in November.

When he was invited for a conversation with the then president-elect, he thought they would talk "about the world" given his experiences at the oil company, he added.

"When he asked me at the end of that conversation to be secretary of state, I was stunned."

Mr Tillerson then gave the news to his wife, Renda St Clair, who said: "I told you God's not through with you."

He added: "My wife convinced me. She was right. I'm supposed to do this."
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39351493