View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 11:14 PM   #63
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Good god, what's wrong with this generation of people? When I was a kid you'd never hear about this kind of shit happening. I do think the gun laws in America need some tweaking. At the same time, it's far too much of a hassle to get your gun license in Canada, while all the criminals easily obtain them on the black market. It would be nice to see a middle ground found in the United States.

But still, there was never such mass violence in the decades before. I really do think this is a cultural problem that needs to be examined. These lifelike video games where you go on shooting rampages all day can't be good for impressionable disturbed children and teens... I really think they outta be banned.

I used to work at a video game department and parents were always buying their little children the most violent shooting games... It was unbelievable to me, really.
Fuzzy, there are violent shooting games played all over the world. If they caused gun violence, it would be everywhere. There have been A LOT of studies done about this. Only in fucking America are people more worried about virtual guns causing violence than real guns.

No, the problem is the gun availability. These mass shooters aren't getting guns on the black market, they are getting them themselves legally or stealing/borrowing them from people who got them legally.

There is no other statistic that shows any correlation besides number of guns.