View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 08:40 PM   #42
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
I think some people interpret "believe victims" as "it is a moral imperative to suspend all skepticism and automatically assume that accusations of this particular crime are true," rather than simply challenging what has been the traditional default stance of thinking accusers are lying and making sure the claims are investigated as thoroughly as any other claim of a serious crime.

I think most people who frame it the former way are anti-feminists misinterpreting the aims of feminism, but I have encountered some fellow progressives who seriously hold that view. My sister once proudly stated how she'll never question any accusations. Even some outlets' media reactions to, say, the UVA scandal vehemently criticized any other outlet that exhibited skepticism, accusing them of being rape apologists.
word. you're not automatically supporting the accused by suspending judgement. i won't blindly support anything.

this is our "news". what's gonna happen to maynard? how many women will come forward? evidently many groupies willingly sought out to fuck the dude. does that matter?