View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 10:20 PM   #83
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
I've said before that Zwan could have been Billy's Wings (the Paul McCartney band). I would also argue that Zwan was a superior live band to SP.

The people complaining about the Christian aspect of Zwan are fucking goofs. It represented someone searching for a connection with the world. It was in the spirit of American Spiritualism - Gospel, Jesus Freaks, Ginsberg.

I believe Billy was attempting to move on from venting his angry child in SP, and from the codependency of Yelena/Courtney. He was attempting to share the workload with other talented musicians. He was like someone in a recovery program trying to turn their life around after finding a higher power.
Good point, maybe im a little too hard on the lyrics

It’s just i come from a family of christian fundamentalists and my childhood and young adult life were stolen from me by them. Rock music, when i found it and found the bravery to embrace it despite my fears and my family’s disapproval, was instrumental in breaking free and becoming an individual with a future

Probably as a direct result of this background, anything approaching Christian rock makes me wanna hurl