View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 04:34 AM   #1
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Talking pixies announce doolittle tour

Quote:
PIXIES ANNOUNCE "DOOLITTLE TOUR"

MONDAY, June 29, 2009 -- To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the release of their 1989 album Doolittle, the Pixies - Black Francis, Kim Deal, Joey Santiago and David Lovering - will embark on a very special tour this fall - the Doolittle Tour - which will kick off with two nights at the Olympia in Dublin, Ireland on October 1 and 2. Tickets for all dates (listed below) go on sale this Friday, July 3 at 9AM.

For the Doolittle Tour, the Pixies will perform all of the songs from Doolittle and its related B-sides. Pixies' classics such as "Debaser," "Wave of Mutilation," "Here Comes Your Man," "Hey," and "Gouge Away" are all on Doolittle's track listing.

"We wanted to do something special for Doolittle's 20th anniversary," said Black Francis, "and we thought his was a good opportunity to play all of the songs from that album, something we don't normally do at a regular gig."

With the first date still three months away, the band is brainstorming on Doolittle-related surprises that will also comprise the nights' entertainment.

Dates for the Pixies' Doolittle Tour, and appropriate links to purchase tickets are as follows:

OCTOBER
1 Olympia, Dublin, Ireland www.ticketmaster.ie
2 Olympia, Dublin, Ireland www.ticketmaster.ie
4 SECC - Hall 4, Glasgow, Scotland www.gigsinscotland.com
6 Brixton Academy, London, England www.gigsandtours.com
7 Brixton Academy, London, England www.gigsandtours.com
8 Brixton Academy, London, England www.gigsandtours.com
9 Brixton Academy, London, England www.gigsandtours.com
11 Jahrhunderhalle, Frankfurt, Germany www.fkpscorpio.com
13 Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, Holland www.livenation.nl
14 Forest National, Brussels, Belgium www.proximusgoformusic.be
15 Zenith, Paris, France www.avosbillets.com
yay! i missed their short june tour, and i was sad about that. now i really hope i can buy some tickets for the brussels show, because they'll go really fast.
i considered going to london too, but if they're just playing doolittle, it might not be very interesting to see them a couple of times within one week. and it's probably impossible to buy tickets for london anyway.

rumour is that they'll play the usa in november.

Last edited by Cool As Ice Cream : 06-30-2009 at 04:41 AM.