View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 06:33 PM   #2900
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Welp, looks like tonight's date was also cancelled. Which actually works out just fine, because though I am excited to see this girl, I just don't feel like getting up to anything tonight and am not in a "date" mood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
I'm mostly putting it down to this. I only used one photo from that photo shoot. Didn't want to overdo a single aesthetic.
Good strategy. I have a precise ratio of photo types in my head for if I ever do just give in and do online dating

First photo: well-taken headshot, maybe professionally done, or at least done by a friend good at portrait photography (they can't all be this kind of photo, or else I'll look either fake, or like I'm trying too hard/taking myself too seriously)

Second photo: just a photo taken with me hanging out with friends, to prove that I've got a social life. Candid, or semi-candid. Having this follow the portrait will remove any ambiguity as to which person is me.

Third photo: me engaging in a hobby, to demonstrate what my interests are.

Fourth photo:
this one's a freebie. It can be any photo that fits within the first three categories.

Fifth photo: something really silly to demonstrate that I have a sense of humour and can laugh at myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenoftheswine View Post
But then you get a job and it's pretty much the same dynamics as school/uni but with older people.
I dunno, very few workplaces are as populous as a university campus. The dating pool seems a lot smaller, and you don't have the benefit of anonymity to have that extra bit of control over first impressions.

Even at my workplace, there's not really anybody I'm interested in.