View Single Post
Old 04-16-2002, 12:55 PM   #24
memories_unwind

Just take a look at eBay
Which band from the so called "alternative" scene sells so many items at high prices...take a look at bands like the chili peppers, radiohead, soundgarden, foo fighters...
Nirvana has a bonus cause Cobain is dead. The Pumpkins prices were already high before they announced the break up. Compared to Nirvana, the Pumpkins have much more items that get high prices. Comparable to the Pumpkins are Pearl Jam in this category. Just take a look at shawns site and how muc it`s worth. The reason for these high prices is just the enthusiasm of the fans. You will get problems if the Pumpkins are compared to U2...take a look at the prices on ebay, unbelievable.

Pumpkins shows in January 2000 in Europe were sold out within 2 minutes (Utrecht), they played in old theaters (Cirque Royal, Brussels 2000, Manchester Apollo, London Dominion Theater) when they were big...

They only cancelled 2 shows as I remember ( I was at one of them, Brussels 2000). They played the Manchester Apollo show which was cancelled later. So many bands cancel the whole tour and even don`t come back. Bands like Weezer, blink 182 or Coldplay cancelled their dates and did not come back for a very long time.

What about the last 2 shows. How big was the reaction of the fans and the press? How many people came from all over the world?!?

Look at the bootleg scene that someone already mentioned here. Take the S+P soundboard sampler. Instead of releasing a live album, Eric made the soundboard sampler and spread it. They never released a live album.

Finally you can`t convince anybody cause you are a fanatic like everybody here. Fans of other bands have many arguments for their band and will never say that you are right.
Neutral persons just don`t care and for them only sales are interesting. Consider Adore and Machina, this is difficult. But I think there are some things that can really prove something like this.
For me Nirvana was never interesting. They don`t have the difference between MCIS and X.Y.U. and that`s the most important feature of the Pumpkins for me.