View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 09:21 PM   #63
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
I think it's shitty to blame the ills of the world on what people eat or wear, etc. It changes very very little in the world. But it does allow the accuser, the person blaming others for their hamburger, to express their smug indignation.

It's a convenient way of misplacing responsibility for a host of problems in the world. Our ecological crisis is a crisis of our economic, social and political institutions. It is not a crisis of "proper consumer decisions at the supermarket." In terms of pure biology world wide vegetarianism with 7-10 billion human beings is still going to degrade and destroy the planet. It might do it a bit slower, but using all the available land on earth to grow soy or wheat simply displaces the earth's wild ecology, which is the heart of the problem here.
i hope you know this is a bunch of bullshit scotty.

if you're gonna eat meat without limit or restriction every day becuz it tastes good and not feel any guilt or remorse for the consequences of your actions, at least know it's because you're a bad person, and not because of any of those comforter excuses you've managed to pad yourself with.

and just because the number of people on earth weighs the world down in many other ways as well (that much is true), that doesn't mean you're not supporting a system that systematically tortures and murders billions upon billions of sentient living creatures every day.

be honest.

Quote:
There's also the fact that human beings are omnivores. Screaming at them over their meals won't change that. They're going to eat animals until the last animal is extinct. No amount of food shaming is going to change that.
and don't even get me started on this absolute privileged bullshit of a quote