View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 09:02 AM   #9
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theendiscoming View Post
For the run of this band regardless of members i took what they made, presented & performed and went with it. Good times overall with something to play with the mind and life is lived. They have done something that most bands only dream of.

Skipping 30 years later to 2018 tour, it pretty much comes to that the setlist, performances etc. were a "real treat". They didn't get much props from their fans about it beyond the expected T/FB/IN scrum but seriously that was a real treat from all aspects.

Watching online the Euro dates of the bands last leg it may have had a moment here & there but times have changed so expectations probably didnt have a chance. I like the whole band but with the vibe & setlists even overseas for me Billys solo shows have better moments.

Looking at last nights setlist, all I can say is really? At this point in time I know you have to sell tickets. I then know you have to play the "hits". I also see you are putting in some tracks from certain timeframes that you want to refresh or let people know you made other lp's that they may not really understand because you will be doing things in the future related. I know you want to make money as that is your job, career, legacy etc I 100% get it.

You have 100 songs+ you could do and is understandably hard to decide. You want some slower stuff I get it, guitars I get it. Voices change I get it. What doesn't change are lyrics for most. The people buying tickets because of how many hits they were want to hear more. The hardcore fans like myself want to hear other tracks that are different than the last years otherwise it ends up being just a show.

All of us are not hear forever. Some songs won't be played again for various reasons I get that. Memories sometimes are best served these days on the Tube or live cd's out there. No meet & greet again I get that. Its your business so you can do what you want.

With 3 bands on this summer tour, I get everyone has their slot. I've been of fan of Noel & Liam from record 1 so is a treat to see him the same night as you. AFI are hard working too so am fine there as well. Noel has been pushing his new stuff for years and then adding the Oasis stuff people want to make his rounds even to keep it going. With SP getting back together I am not an opinionated person but really think you could have done a better setlist for yourselves first and then the fans second. I honestly thought at this point in time we would be seeing on a 17 song set several different than what was done last night. The 2 new ones make sense & are good. The early days stuff I understand. Its the other years there were better choices for you, the diehards and then the new paying customers that would make this summer tour better. I'm honestly after all these considering letting go of my "close" tix to more than 1 venue and not because i've outgrown SP. Your lyrics, sounds & meanings of other well known tracks you have are more important to people than you think. I am hoping you revisit it as you can do anything you want.
Hi this is billy, you ugly piece of shit…

if i ever run into you, anywhere, at anytime, for as long as i live, i will knock your fucking lights out. don’t ever come near me, and if i hear even one more peep out of you on netphoria about me, or the band, or the members of the band, i am gonna sue you for so much you’ll never be able to afford so much as a guitar pick