View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 05:38 PM   #65
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
i'm not partaking at Sad Machines. they appear to know who i am and of course won't approve me. but i just want to see the spectacle anyway

i think it's stupid to pay 1000 to see SP but it's 2018, billy is 51 years old, and they're playing an oldies nostalgia tour. it's really not a big deal to not have a pit imo
Yeah, the lame thing is that very few of the hardcore fans will actually pony up for those prices... The people who buy those types of tickets are the corporate business guys who are out schmoozing with clientele, suits who wanna relive a little bit of their college years for a night...Meanwhile the real fans are stuck up in the rafters having to watch the video screens the whole time in order to even clearly see the band members... It makes for a shitty environment. The exact same thing happens at sports games. If you watch a Montreal Canadiens or Toronto Maple Leafs game, the guys in the front rows are all business guys in suits and shit... Not the die-hards.

As much as we bag on Billy, I just didn't expect him to role out a tour like this. I thought he'd be cognizant to wanna do it tastefully, especially if he was gonna renege on his word and do an oldies tour. I guess the man has no shame.