View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 04:29 AM   #2835
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I failed a semester at uni because in between cooking wholewheat pumpernickel bagels from scratch and exercising, I was logging everything I ate (so, the individual ingredients of every recipe) into spreadsheets so that I could make sure I was consuming all macro and micronutrients in appropriate quantities.

My 'right' breakfast and lunch are actually modified versions of the ones I used to eat then - every morning porridge made with oats, wheatgerm, cocoa, ground flaxseed and skim milk, with a sliced banana.

Lunch: steamed veggies: 1 cup cabbage, 1/2 cup carrot, 1/4 cup peas. 1 cup steamed tofu. 1 tsp shoyu, chilli powder.

I was a broke student then, so ate less fresh stuff.

Snacks were sunflower seeds because they were cheap. Once or twice a week I would have a skim milk latte with equal.

Dinner was either pumpkin and lentil casserole served with tahini and unsweetened yoghurt or wholewheat spaghetti with chilli and tuna.