View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 07:51 PM   #144
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I pulled out of a paper, which I'll now have to do next semester. 88 for screenwriting, so my weighted average mark (WAM) is now sitting at 84.5 for this year, a mere 0.5 from the coveted High Distinction WAM, or HD WAM.

Had to hand in a very rough draft for screenwriting...couldn't keep looking at it, and had no more energy to give it, and it was already two weeks past the official due date. 11,000 words.

They're not grades that I'm proud of, but now that I have kids and no family support from siblings or grandparents, and I'm still trying to manage my bipolar and then my younger son was diagnosed with epilepsy after trips to the paediatrician and neurologist and an EEG (and began medication - epilim, which was a massive trigger for me, being bipolar), and my husband broke his leg, and I have a very-part-time job...I'm trying my best to accept that it is what it is.

My screenwriting teacher said my screenplay (a pilot for a tv series) was powerful and compelling and deserves to be seen. So that was nice.

I got the Korean wunderkind to write coverage and he did an amazing job. He was ruthless and pointed out all the flaws, so I know what to fix.

Screenwriting teacher knows a producer looking for a new project at the end of January. Our little screenwriting class has formed a club that meets at an arty bar near the uni once a week, and our teacher comes once a month or so. We're doing table reads and trying to encourage each other through the brutal life of being a writer in a commercial and expensive city.