View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 10:20 AM   #129
Bread Regal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
I like to remind my fellow employees that without SNAP our jobs probably wouldn't exist whenever they complain about food stamps.

I had a big argument/debate with my last supervisor about the Real Food thing. Yes, they should only be used for Real Food, however it is impossible to account for the myriad of possible exceptions, not to mention the arbitrary nature of some Real Food vs Junk Food (for example, fruit juice is not much healthier than soda).

The best one is when someone buys beer with cash and food with SNAP and people are like "they shouldn't do that!" and it's like, well yes in a perfect world, but in our world people do things because they are stressed or addicted to something and who are you to take away their recreation just because you don't agree with it, when you'd probably be fine with them going to the movies or something else like that that isn't a "vice" even though it's really the same damn thing.
thats weird because i think the working class getting free food so they can afford beer is consistent with the notion of a perfect world.