View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 08:44 PM   #36
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

my therapist is similar to me but she's way more into stuff like permaculture and yoga, she's more of a hippie i guess you could say. but she's a really good person and we have pretty much the same values regarding everything. she's a good role model really, she's very active in the community and helps a lot of people with her work - a lot of really sick, traumatized and disabled people like i am/was. treating trauma patients is not the easiest thing to do and it's also a big legal minefield because of possible litigation hearings against other people or possibly themselves. and there's organizations like the false memory syndrome foundation made up of what I'm sure are people who were really falsely accused but a lot of people who were not and are using it to play victim etc etc etc who like to sue therapists or just write material about them to slander them.

point being, treating trauma is pretty risky emotionally and legally. there's also the thing about hearing terrible details about awful things that humans have done to each other all day every day.

Last edited by reprise85 : 04-04-2014 at 09:20 PM.