View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 07:21 PM   #85
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTaper View Post
Two part reply. edit: promise to get back to Midwife later

Mamaleek - Come and See (a must listen imho. Wow! A fav album of 2020. "Mamaleek seek to weaponize the tropes of blues, jazz and black metal through an understanding of their respective formal structures." Oh yeah, no one really knows who they are other than 2 brothers from San Francisco and if some people do they ain't sayin)

Purple Mountains - Purple Mountains (a must listen imho. one of my fav albums of 2019. so fucking sad - more on that later edit: but it sounds like a happy summertime album and it is so good!)

Cursive - Vitriola (a must listen imho. a fav album of 2018. they are pissed. ever hear their 2003 album The Ugly Organ? that kind of pissed)

Lingua Ignota - CALIGULA (a must listen imho. a fave album of 2019. she is amazing.)

Lingua Ignota - O Ruthless Great Divine Director (check this out! might be bc only?)

Street Sects - you may love them or hate them. I love them.

Dalmatian - Pain Threshold (only one song but highly recommended, hopefully not bc only. She also fronts King Woman and a bunch of other great bands/projects)

Jason Lytle - RIP Coyote Condo #5 (you may know Jason from Grandaddy. Only one song & hopefully not bc only)

Kill the Vultures - The Careless Flame (local hip hip duo, really nice esp if you like Jazz)

Tim Kasher - Tim sings in Cursive. I hope you and your partner never break up but if you do check out The Game of Monogamy and No Resolution

Valet (rock), HHRRIISSTT (hardcore, punk), Murder Shoes (rock, pop) and WAVELESS (shoegaze) are all local and may not be on Spotify? Really great releases either way.
That Lingua Ignota is no joke terrifying. Incredible recordings. This is incredibly powerful expression. Feel like there’s a movie to this that would be scarier than like the scariest/best? parts of that Passion of the Jesus film where the ol goats got his own lil baby goat sorta lurkin there cradlin that yawning corpsefaced mockery during that one part with all the blood and stuff

Yeah. For someone with my background this is possibly life changing recordings that could become soundtrack to actual personal growth. Feels weird to say that but feels true. At least right now. But ive got some really bad heartburn and have been making leaps of logic since last night

In any event thanks holy shit wow