View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 02:56 PM   #12
davin
Physiopathic Paralysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley
My theory #1:
Billy made this tape as soon as he got home from the Adore tour to document his ideas for the next album. He *******d some Adore outtakes because he was thinking about reviving some of them. Of these 16, only 2 went on to be rerecorded as far as we know: LMGTWTY and Saturnine. Perhaps Billy ditched most of these when Jimmy got back in the band, because he wanted a fresh set of songs to work with as a full band. The Machina Acoustic Demos were recorded a couple of months later.

My theory #2:
Billy made this tape post-Machina to have all of the Adore/Machina outtakes in one place (for possible consideration on a release like Judas O?). I like this theory, but it doesn't explain why the tape doesn't have songs like Sparrow. Perhaps this was only one tape in a set? In '95, Billy sent a set of tapes to the LOC called "A Collection of Demos for Billy Corgan", and it looks like there was one tape for each year from '88-94. Assuming Billy continued making tapes like this after '95, the "Adore Demos II" could be Billy's outtakes tape for 1998 - which would explain why there are tracks from the beginning of the year (Adore outtakes) and end of the year (MAD stuff). It also explains why there are no tracks that wound up on albums.
theory #2 could fit, especially with the 1998 date...however i still think there is a distinct style in the song-writing that just "feels" like adore to me. themes, vocal style, etc.

maybe i'll try to ask him at the Fillmore! however, i'm not sure how to get a satisfying answer without asking multiple questions...and he'll probably just answer one.