View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 09:00 PM   #261
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
codex is not the last track on king of limb. probably just a lapse but still worth mentioning.

anyway how can you guys not see how brilliantly they used True Love Waits as an album closer? after an album that starts off with Burn The Witch (also older piece brilliantly contextualized to seemingly speak about the longtime partner who left), and slowly disintegrating throughout the record... it's just the darkest album closer. it could be viewed as wry, dark commentary or as sincere faith in love. and it's calling a lover to stay, long after it's been well established that they're gone.

i mean i dug it. it really hit me super hard and i think it's one of their best album closer, or maybe second to The Tourist. Motion Picture Soundtrack is there somewhere too.
i'm so grateful to be alive in the time of radiohead.
yeah I meant Separator, not sure why Codex popped into my head

I don't dislike TWE studio version, but I also don't think it's one of the best songs on the album. I do prefer the old version, but my thought was that TWE was probably written for/about Thom's ex and the new version is like a mournful look back.