View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 09:27 AM   #97
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyen View Post
i get that some people feel like "what if that was a black baby in an american city.." no one would care but i feel like thats the lowest hanging fruit to go and divert attention from the fact that people are intelligent and have these internal dialogues and some are more capabable at calculating where tragedy lies on a scale but doing that undermines the true feelings people have when they are not racist, uninformed or living in a bubble. shit is horrible. to varying degrees. everywhere.

there is always gonna be someone waiting to diminish your feelings because vulnerability is easy to spot and fuck it. not everyone can do something. not everyone has an audience or a soapbox to stand on. "but this exists over here worse.." its just a rotating news headline when human atrocities have gone on since the dawn of the planet of the apes and just gets worse and at some point as a spectator you get disillusioned and desensirized to it all so much that when your brain cells fire off some empathy or sadness its just another day, another dead baby on the beach. and when we can we feel like we do sometjing affecting someone else but really we're just managing the guilt and humiliation of being alive or privileged in any way.
This, maaaan.

I've seen a lot of the default attitude people have is comparing tragedies and/or "why is everyone crying about x when y" as a way to look superior and discount people's real feelings.