View Single Post
Old 01-29-2021, 08:39 PM   #28
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Ok so true story, I used to frequent this college dive bar called Sporty's. Good shit. This one night, there's this dude outside just like, out of his mind on some combination of drugs and alcohol. And he's like "yo whaddup mang my name's JUKE BOX. You wanna know why my name JUKE BOX?" To which I respond "absolutely I do", because how could you not? And Juke Box is like "my name JUKE BOX cause any song you tell me to sing, I'll sing it". And I'm thinking for a second, probably 10 whole seconds, and I'm like "can you sing 'Retard Bus' by Wesley Willis?" And he's like "no mang idunno that one". So at this point, the legitimacy of his name, the etymology behind it, and his whole purpose in life is highly suspect. And to be fair I suspect the vast majority of people are not familiar with that song. So I'm thinking, ok, this guy obviously isn't omnipotent, or even an autistic savant, but I never really thought that anyway. So I give him a softball and request "anything by Wu-Tang Clan". And Juke Box is like "nah idunno any Wu-Tang Clan. I can sing 'I'll Make Love To You' by Boyz 2 Men though." So clearly what happened is Juke Box just wanted to sing this one song, and to justify it came up with this absurd scenario where he tells people he knows literally every song ever and then just rolls the dice on them requesting "I'll Make Love To You" by Boyz 2 Men. Probably to try and pick up girls getting off the bus. Idk.

But that's what the phrase "juke box fuck up" brings to my mind