View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 03:44 AM   #4114
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Oh yeah, good grief. He did, too. I forgot about that. I don't truly believe Eddie Murphy has no scandals...I think I'm just working on that as a new catch phrase. At this point I run with the assumption that anyone whose work I enjoy, is probably a total sack of shit in their private life.

Which is basically what I am, so I mean, I don't know why it continues to sadden me.

I read an article just now about how Eddie Murphy is completely done because he doesn't risk anything anymore, and just plays it safe because he's a boring rich man just doing a job. And that all sounds pretty true. I hadn't considered how much of a fall he's taken because I realise now, I actually treat Eddie Murphy of right now, as a completely separate identity to Eddie Murphy of the 1980s.

The last movie I liked him in was Bowfinger and I know I'll get shit for saying that but with all that movie has going for it, even though it fails to live up to even the smallest expectations, it is still sublime to me. Terrible in the best way. I need to watch it again, actually. And don't give me any shit about Steve Martin either. Steve Martin has no scandals.