Thread: Machina Reissue
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 11:26 PM   #148
Shallowed
Braindead

wasn't too hard to find

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpc33 View Post
The Machina acoustic demos has an interesting story behind it. Phil aka Mayfair aka Honeyspider told me over sushi one day a long time ago.

Some hockey player was pallin' 'round with Bolly in his big purple house. Billy gave the guy's kid a random cassette tape from a messy boxful of cassettes. Some sort of gift/gesture. The thing is, this kid didn't even like the Pumpkins. Here's where my memory gets hazy...Phil was friends with a friend of this kid. Phil's friend loved SP, and conspired to obtain this tape from the ingrate. This guy, is who leaked the cassette, although I think Phil helped a bit and wanted some credit, too, but alas, no.
/ramble

Kinda funny how Bill would hand a random tape of unreleased tracks to some kid, like anybody other than a fanatic or pro-bootlegger would care.

PS. I love the machina acoustic demos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starchildren View Post
I was contacted about "some tape" that I should hear. This was after the whole Marked tapes fiasco.

Girl had this tape, had gotten it from a "hockey player". Said it was stuff that wasn't out there. She sent it to me, I gave it to Todd to rip. He put it out for everyone.

that's the story, as best as I can remember from like 9 years ago. God, I was in high school back then. Seems like forever ago.