View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 07:36 PM   #49
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
well, yeah, I actually agree with this totally. It is difficult to express though, because especially as a white person, to espouse such an opinion is increasingly looked at as just being racist and latently enforcing white supremacism.

I saw an article the other day calling for Jews to reverse their integration into white culture in the US, and to start just identifying as Jews again, to help undo white supremacy. This makes less than zero sense to me, especially in light of the contemporary intellectual understanding that race as culture is something inescapable, that it is defined primarily by privilege and oppression (hence why no white person can identify as black no matter how immersed in the culture that person is). If this is so, how can people who look white, who have been treated as white, who have enjoyed white privilege to the fullest extent and in many ways as a group far exceeded mainstream white Christian socioeconomic success... how can a group like this choose to not be white? I know there are many different voices and opinions in this discussion and I am not really being fair by lumping a bunch of them together and then pitting them against each other, but it can be quite hard to figure out. It sometimes does make me feel like many of these people are just insulating their own identities as "good whites" or "allies" while propagating a bunch of ideologies that have no consistency and ultimately are not doing anything to make white people less racist or to elevate non-white status.
internet publishes junk like that because clicks and comments drive revenue. that kind of radicalism really does much more harm than good

im sure most if not all jews think this person is retarded and further if that holds true then logically i should be able to separate from whiteness on account of being irish, whic is ultimately england's first stab at colonialist oppression. well the welsh and scots too perhaps.

im a little of a bunch of stuff, my fams, my heritage, my regional identity. ideally, and i feel this is true for myself, everyone should be mixing and interacting with each other and enjoying the richness of everyones cultures and forging a united identity

but that dont drive clicks n comments do it

Last edited by Trotskilicious : 09-29-2015 at 08:01 PM.