View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 01:59 AM   #73
NovaFritz
Apocalyptic Poster

Default Billco in Denver

Overall I really enjoyed the Denver show. My tickets weren’t great, but they weren’t too bad either. Sort of backish in the first level ring. Seats were 3/5 to 3/4 full before the lights went out, and after that it looked pretty full. Upmost level was draped off.

Crowd had lots of air guitarists during the SD songs, which was either sad or funny. The time went by pretty quickly. Early highlight was Drown - damn I wish they would have jammed on it a bit longer. Lowlights were the Eye video (Billy with a flashlight) and Try. During Try Billy was doing a half-Manson, wandering the stage and yelling “Try”randomly. Slow Batman was surprisingly engaging, though the crowd didn’t seem that into Billco def was, crawling on the floor. Blew Away started and no one left - I was so happy to see that. But then about a minute in people realized they didn’t know the song. Pee time.

The Adore songs were great to hear, and the visuals were pretty kicking. But I got a bit tired of the dancing buxom blonde. Seems like the Machina mystery is just a boring heterosexual wet dream. The For Martha video seems liked a poignant depiction of Billy and Mommy, which was almost touching.

People started to clear out during Muzzle, but sucks for them, cuz the band rocked out for Solara. Jimmy jazzy solo!

Finally WTF is with Jeff and guitars? It’s like they are crushing him and he has to angle his entire body just to keep it from falling - use the strap Jeff!