Thread: Son of pic post
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 12:33 AM   #32
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris Hilton View Post
There's a chinese place run by Indians around here that is really fucking good because they load everything with unusual (for Chinese I mean) spices
Cultural appropriation is not an inherently bad thing
I didnt really mean the mexicans ruined the chinese food but i assumed at the time they did, later i learned cumin is actually used in some regions and would be considered authentic. Theres that expectation of soy, garlic and ginger as far as americanized chinese goes i guess. This lamb dish blew me away though and now i understand. Fucking spicy as hell too.

We have a "curry fried chicken" place here that is quite good. And a guy who does curry wraps which are weird but good. Like greek indian. It works. I love how varied indian and chinese cuisine is. Curry being the greatest because its such an all encompassing word that people usually associate one thing with but dont realize the billions of different types of curries and combinations of spices that isnt all just tumeric or chicken tikka masala. id like to go to india someday just to travel and taste all the different melds of spices and flavors and walk in the path of gordon ramsey