View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 03:40 AM   #163
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
On the solo front, I'm set to go back into the studio Monday (April 2nd) for 2 weeks, with an eye to finish save for strings and some additional overdubs. Like with SP, I'm starting to lean towards releasing this next solo work over 4 ep's (which I guess you could argue makes for a double album in the aggregate), making the chance of all the work being heard and considered more likely. Which last I heard is still the point...
But that may also mark me as an antique, too. Or a relic if you are being kind.
Tra-la for now!

Thanks to those who signed up for my Music Machine playlist on @Spotify thus far, as it's off to a flying start and the feedback has been very positive. it certainly takes me back to the days (circa 1977-1994) of making mix tapes for friends on cassette. In other news, @smashingpumpkins is set to make 2 videos (think part A and B) for our forthcoming EP's. Exciting stuff! On the solo front, I'm set to go back into the studio Monday (April 2nd) for 2 weeks, with an eye to finish save for strings and some additional overdubs. Like with SP, I'm starting to lean towards releasing this next solo work over 4 ep's (which I guess you could argue makes for a double album in the aggregate), making the chance of all the work being heard and considered more likely. Which last I heard is still the point... But that may also mark me as an antique, too. Or a relic if you are being kind. Tra-la for now! @jamesihaofficial @jjjschroeder @jackbass89 #smashingpumpkins #wpc

Ein Beitrag geteilt von WilliamPatrickCorgan (@williampcorgan) am

---

November 2017:

Quote:
“Regardless of if I do anything more with the Pumpkins, which is sort of up in the air, I would like to do an acoustic based record every 18 months,” he concludes. “I’ve already written another album to follow up Ogilala, which is just sitting there. The difficulty is working out how this music fits in the world. It’s not easy to get on the radio and all those traditional things - it's hard to market. My great hope is that it will be well enough received that it’ll allow me to do another record. I’d also like to do sessions where I record a lot of my old songs but in acoustic form. So over the next five years I would release 150-200 acoustic versions of my songs. I’ve released 300 so far and there is another 100 that haven’t been released. I could release that on my own label or something. Over time I could compile an alternate record of my songs - acoustic or piano versions as opposed to the more band-like versions. There are a lot of good songs there that have been overlooked because of the time or the production.”
https://www.psneurope.com/studio/bil...ala-rick-rubin