View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 03:55 PM   #183
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I just learned that Xbone is finally getting around to having backward compatibility with original Xbox games. Fucking sick! The list is pretty limited right now, but I immediately relived my childhood experiences of Fuzion Frenzy and Crimson Skies (okay, I wasn't that young when I played Crimson Skies because, by the time I bought it, the system was probably over a decade old... I've always been behind in video games).

Also saw Grabbed by the Ghoulies in the store. That was the only game I've ever played to earn the distinction of being "so bad it's good," something usually only reserved for cult B-movies. The controls are idiotic and camera is clunky, but damn, I've got some nostalgia for that stupid fucking game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
is it fucking hilarious only to me that somebody tried to drive lawfully so hard in GTA, that they complained about trafficlights being wrong?

that was an A+ post, Disco you gotta loosen up dude
I pretty much play video games in the same way that Principal Skinner would try to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
GTA IV was kind of an underwhelming experience, never really living up to the memories of thos earlier games despite looking so much better.

The fifth is definitely a major improvement, though I'm not sure if the multiple protagonists thing ever truly worked.
Maybe I'll try the new one out if it ever comes down in price (probably by the time the sixth game and next generation of consoles comes out).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
breeg will teach you how to drive

He generously shared with me many of his tips in the late great generic games thread, if you’re inclined to dig for it; definitely helped me enjoy the game a lot more

For me I keep coming back to this gta to live out my sick roadrage fantasy. Just glorious vehicular mayhem/savagery.

Typical sesh begins by driving carefully/polite for a few minutes, then use 1st inevitable fenderbender as justification to SNAP, commit brutal knifing homicide on the other driver and anyone nearby who dares to complains.

End up racing the wrong way on the interstate in someone else’s big SUV, head-on crashing into every car in sight, as punishment just for existing

Really helps shake the creeping bads from a long daily commute irl
Maybe if we didn't have video games like GTA, we could actually have more violence on the streets, because people would have no choice but to take their frustrations out on real motorists and pedestrians.