View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 05:22 PM   #46
bigoltitties
Pledge

Loved Zwan, pity about some of the song choices on the album but still some great tracks and a really good departure from what he routinely trotted out up to that point.

I also kind of admired the The Future Embrace for how it tried to push boundaries even if it didn't really get to me on an emotional level. All Things Change, Camera Eye, Walking Shade, Mina Loy...decent tracks though in their own detached way.

Zeitgeist was the first full on disappointment for me. The depth to his songwriting just wasn't there. It was a straight up rawk album with horrible vocals. I never listen to it. That been said i caught them in Dublin in 07 and it was one of the best gigs ive ever been to. Lost a shoe. So i was happy to overlook Zeitgeist.

Just a case of diminishing returns since then. Still at least two albums worth of good songs written but nearly all butchered to some degree in the studio while his persona became full on reprehensible and interviews just jibberish.

And then, Ogilala. I really enjoy it for what it is. It gives me hope that he might get out of his own way, stop making such stupid decisions, stop being so egotistical and who knows, maybe a more ambitious album with noteworthy contributions from all four pumpkins lies on the horizon. That would be quite the redemption.