View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 01:33 AM   #1160
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
i would put my hypothetical kid in dance, but i would hope to never become a "dance mom." they're usually mean to their kids and competitive through them towards other moms. so sad.

speaking of kids, last week or so i was standing in line at ross to buy a bra and a young boy started talking to me about a toy he was holding and we were asking each other questions and just talking. then the woman he was with asked him who was going to buy that toy for him and he said his momma, but she said his momma wasn't going to buy it for him (she was waiting near the exit). after a minute or so i said 'listen, if your mom says it's okay, i'd love to buy that toy for you, but i won't buy it without her permission first.' so he went to ask and she said yes so he came up to the register with me and i bought the toy and it felt good. he said thank you and i said 'it was my pleasure.'

kids tug at my heart so much; i just don't want one.
that is so kind of you! I get so delighted when the cashiers at the grocery store offer my kid a sticker...I think I'd be at a total loss for words if someone bought her a toy!

and i definitely am joking about being a "dance mom" (although i had a shameful love affair with the show). i'm pretty much the least competitive person to ever enter the dance studio. i just want a chance to meet some other moms of toddlers, and all the women at registration were beyond friendly and talkative. the dance studio here has as much of a small town feel as anything else, so i think it will be a good experience. the class is for 2-4 year olds and little planets will only have JUST turned 2 so i am hoping she is able to follow instructions enough to remain in the class. we've been practicing our arm stretches and toe touches. her tap shoes are the cutest damn things i have ever seen. this fall i am signing her up for dance, gymnastics, music time, and every free thing at the library. i am really sensitive to the fact that she is surrounded by adults, and now that she will be 2 next month it is really important that she start doing activities with children. in a year she will be in preschool, so she needs to have some idea of how to act!