View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 10:29 PM   #10
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

It really is just such a damn, solid album. Heads and shoulders above anything else of that whole genre or anything close to it.

A few random thoughts after listening to it all the way through two weeks ago for the first time in farrrrr too long:

1. I got the limited edition red case version and that's the one I know best. And man, I'll be damned if putting ANYTHING after Pink Maggit is a cardinal sin. That song is an amazing closer. I reordered my iTunes tracklisting to put The Boy's Republic (not a bad song) before Maggit like the damn proud boomer I am.

2.) In the same vein, putting ANYTHING before Feiticeiera is a equally damnable sin. It's an AMAZING opener. The fact that the record label made them put the redone version of Back to School (mini) in front of it on the reissue is a sad Limp Bizkit inspired move.

3.) Never knew that the opening lyric of Feiticeiera was "fuck, I'm drunk". Never knew what he was saying, but I didn't think it was that.

4.) Back to School really isn't a bad song. I kinda like that thing. But I am glad I own it on a CD single (boooooooomer) and that's where it lives in my mind and memory bank. A standalone little thing.

5.) The drum tone on the opening of Digital Bath may just be the coolest drum tone ever recorded. It's like you're there, man.

6.) Passenger is such an awesome duet. I stumbled upon seeing it live with Maynard - was up in Vancouver in 2000 for the Summersault tour (to see SP primarily) but had gotten the aforementioned red White Pony a few months prior and knew Deftones would be solid too. Perfect Circle was on the bill but couldn't play for some reason - but since Maynard was there, he ended up playing just that one song with them. Was awesome. Interwebs report that has only happened twice, so that's p cool.

Did this thing get posted anywhere else? Such a great read:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...8jFRUUg12DVH1_