View Single Post
Old 01-05-2003, 06:59 PM   #17
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

Red face Let's hear it for logs!

I've been going over my Direct Connect logs and I have a few comments/facts...

Quote:
Originally posted by Sehki
III. Detailing the day of and the events leading up to December 5th, 2002.
I don't know why you've picked December 5th as your big date. The hub banned MP on December 2 due to the story about Billy's 'threat'. We unbanned it the night of December 4th because we were sick of the hoarding accusations and took on the policy that we would not be responsible for policing the community. The unbanning (which you must be referring to as being on the 5th) had little to do with MP getting leaked in my opinion. There had been at least 4 or 5 tracks leaked prior to this. The 'full leak' did not occurr until December 23. So December 5th is not a very relevant date in the scheme of things. Yay for logs!

Quote:
(reportedly “Irrelevant” – confirmation would be loved though)
My logs confirm that it wasn't irrelevant.

Quote:
It was later assumed that this threat was a hoax
I was told that the threat story was a lie that someone fabricated and then admitted to, though he later denied it: "i never said that".

Quote:
Dead (as he’s known on both Netphoria and the Hub) let it be known that a message was supposedly sent all the way up to Billy via the o-board, asking for permission to officially leak it (though many claims were tossed around that the message would never make it to Billy).
This whole thing was based on a chat I had on the hub with an oboard admin who said he had sent the message up. He had noticed the leaking of tracks and decided to inquire, I guess. I have no idea what happened with that, I never heard anything more.

Quote:
The dam burst a few hours before midnight on December 5th, with Dead proclaiming that any and all bans on MP had been removed, that MP was free for trade, and that the discussion was over. Reports are that about 14 tracks got shared
I didn't say that MP was free to trade, all I said was "i'm just through trying to take the responsibility for trying to police the damn thing." I also wouldn't classify this as a bursting dam. Only about 5 or 6 tracks ended up leaking post-ban, and over a period of a week or two (I think).

Quote:
Of course, now I have to figure out what the deal is with the JLHB mp3.
I think that was irrelevant's doing, not sure though.

- Sean