View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 05:31 AM   #168
fuzzyroes
Banned

It's fantastic to finally hear this.

Lmgtwty has always been one of my favorite Pumpkins songs so I've been eagerly awaiting this one. It sounds pretty nice and good but I think I prefer the M2 version. This version sounds more emotional and strikes a greater nerve, but the M2 version has such a great atmospheric vibe. Billy really nailed the guitar work for the M2 version.

You know, it's too bad he couldn't find a middle ground between this and the M2 version. Either way, it's a great take- But you can kind of hear why he built upon this for M2... But the M2 version lacks some of the charm that this one has.

The only really weak parts of this new track are the drums (it seriously does sound like a new Byrne remix or something) and that outro... It's such a prolific song in my mind and then the outro just has Billy repeating the same line over and over again without any new dynamics or melodies introduced. Just comes across as kind of lazy (for lack of a better term)... And you can hear on M2 how he wrote a MUCH better outro for this song.

I still can't believe this wasn't included on Adore though. Would have been way better than apples and oranges, annie dog, or tales of dusty and pistol pete