View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 09:06 AM   #5
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
funny that you mention this. it's actually quite fascinating to me how Roger Taylor, and even more so Brian May, seem to absolutely revel in the dinosaur glory of being a talking head on VH1 "Behind The Music" specials, conducting what is practically the same interview over and over and over again since like 1988, and talking about songs they worked on 40-50 years ago (and that were mostly written by a dead guy who was subsequently replaced by a complete joke of a reality tv contestant).

i mean Brian May at least is a sharp dude (don't know about Roger "I'm In Love With My Car" Taylor), he's got a clear mind, you'd expect him to challenge that shit just a biiit more. but they seem to be perfectly content being Those Guys.
yeah. Brian May is more than just sharp, he's extremely intelligent. this guy got his PhD in astronomy when he was well in his 60's. apart from being one of the best guitarists maybe ever and becoming a Dr. just because he wanted to, he's an activist for animal welfare and I massively respect his political viewpoints.

and then he goes on tour with fucking Adam Lambert and they play shows like a nostalgia act, he completely sold his soul when it comes to being a musician. queen productions doesn't consist solely of May and Taylor and I'm not even sure if their role in the decision making is big at all, but still they're the public face of it at the least. they basically keep on re-releasing their back catalogue for ridiculous prices because apparently the fans keep on buying what everyone has already had for decades. a box set of 15 studio albums on colored vinyl for 500 euros? sure! another ballad compilation with one new song on it for 100 euro's? bring it on. live at the rainbow 2LP for 40 euros?

or let's release Greatest Hits for the 8000th time but now on double lp!

that shit is so ridiculous it makes me mad. all the other dinosaurs acts (Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zep) sell stuff for high prices too but at least it brings new stuff to the table.

in the end they still win. apparently people buy that shit.