View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 10:02 PM   #1656
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

is your cue one of those ones that comes apart by unscrewing it in the middle? All the profesh dudes on tv seem to have those.

I would love to be good at pool, I envy you. I never progressed above the level where my guiding principle was 'It won't go in, so at least get it closer, for next time.' which I guess tells you about the rough talent level of my opponents.

I knew two families with pool tables growing up - one was the daughter of a lawyer and speech therapist, who lived in a massive house with things like a formal dining and living area. They had one in the basement.

The other family are my cousins on my Mum's side - Samoan, living in one of the worst areas in town, they had this uninsulated double garage at the end of their driveway, behind the house, and instead of using it as an actual garage, they kinda made it into a detached rec room with a pool table and couches and rugs, and stuff. It was guarded by two of the dopiest rottweilers ever to have been born. Truly the stupidest and gentlest dogs I have ever met. But huge, and menacing looking. I guess if they didn't like you, they might bark, a bit.

You can probably guess where I preferred to play...