View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 06:50 PM   #15
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

I was in NA for quite a while and did much better once I stopped going. They pissed me off a lot because when I was on suboxone maintenance people treated me exactly the same as if I was getting high every day and it's not the same thing, and treating it as such only leads to people continuing to use their DOC because they think the only way to stop is cold turkey and maintenance is bullshit. BUT it's not. Without suboxone I might never have gotten clean for real. And if someone needs to take a little but of subs every day for the rest of their life but otherwise is normal, how the fuck is that any different from taking an antidepressant or something? It's not making them high.

That combined with other hypocrisies and just learning a lot about the history of AA/NA and lack of scientific evidence backing it, made me dislike it immensely. Also things like if you use it's your own fault but if you don't it's all cuz of the program. Calling all of your characteristics personality flaws. Basically it tears you down to build you back up as a program drone but I don't like that strategy at all. But it is probably better than using for some people. For those who have a strong belief in God it might be OK. It was not for me.