View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 06:15 PM   #9
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

i actually read a book recently called Drinking: A Love Story and it highlighted for me what I already knew...alcoholics start drinking for different reasons, but we drink the same way. It was essentially an auto-biography about her addiction and I could identify with her even though she came from well-off parents and was born with a silver spoon in her mouth.

for me, reading and listening to people keep it real about their addiction is the best way to identify my own behavior because otherwise it just seems like the right thing to do. i told my therapist i wanted to attend an NA/AA session (again. they were court appointed after i failed a drug test (by using meth) when on probation for a dui and all i did was meet someone who introduced me to heroin and got drunk with me) but i'm kinda chicken about it especially since i'm not a hardcore everyday drinker like i used to be so i almost feel like i'm not "bad enough" to be there and everyone in the meeting would say "what is this loser doing here?"

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 06-06-2017 at 06:23 PM.