View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 09:00 PM   #114
dudehitscar
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corganist View Post
So killing babies, being soft on terrorists, and supplicating the US to foreign nations are all "good" things?

Easy now! I kid, I kid! (Mostly.)

Seriously though, I'm not sure that Obama's appeasement of his base would be enough to save him if the economy doesn't really get humming. (If it does pick up, then I agree with Trots. Obama will be able to do no wrong no matter what he does.) The majority of voters aren't going to be wowed by Gitmo being shut down or abortions being funded overseas or Obama bowing to the Saudi king and yukking it up with Hugo Chavez like they're old frat buddies. That all may play well with the lefties, but it wins no points among moderates.

Whether Obama survives the next election or not is going to depend almost entirely on how well the GOP can get their shit together. There's a groundswell right now that they really need to capitalize on and organize into something coherent. If they can't do it (and I don't have much confidence they can), Obama will skate by no matter how badly he does.
I really don't know what the hell the GOP is going to do if the economy comes back. Bitch about the deficit I guess.. but they lack a lot of credibility there.

The GOP will run on 'trad. values' again and get their asses handed to them if the economy gets better.