View Single Post
Old 08-05-2006, 12:50 PM   #164
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzel Logic
Does anyone hear have Mirrorball? What a great album.

Any ideas on why it comes up with PJ?
You're absolutely right on the Mirrorball - I'd forgotten how awesome that album is until last week when it was in my car for like 3 days straight. "Big Green Country", "I Am The Ocean"... "Downtown"... man... great stuff there.

As far as why PJ comes up, my uneducated guess would be that an overzealous Pearl Jam fan got to the CDDB before anybody else could.

Incidentally, this has been a really awesome thread. I saw Pearl Jam for the first time last month out in San Diego, after being into the band hardcore since 98 and being a recreational fan like everybody else since before that. At any rate, that show blew my mind completely - how have I missed this band live so many times? While there, I fully realized that they were the best non Pumpkins band I've ever seen live. And while it gently infringes on some of my deep-seated convictions, part of me was left wondering if it was the best concert I've ever been to - even better than the Pumpkins (4.24.99 - the last real show). I'd waited YEARS to see Pearl Jam, and it was fully worth it.

That show put layers upon layers of new meanings to songs for me. I hadn't listend to the studio version of Long Road since then - and now when that first chord on the track rings until it fades... it's different. If you haven't downloaded that show, you need to. The Long Road intro itself is worth the $10.

My lists, though:

Albums:

1.) No Code
2.) Vitalogy
3.) Ten
4.) Riot Act
5.) Pearl Jam
6.) Yield
7.) VS
8.) Binaural

Songs:

Present Tense
Thumbing My Way
Nothingman
In My Tree
Release
Yellow Ledbetter
Life Wasted
Given To Fly
Sad
Footsteps

Phew - that song list was rough duty. The one thing that I would put on there if live stuff was an option would be the Daughter/It's OK from Jones Beach on the Touring Band DVD. That song gives me chills EVERY single time.

Long live Pearl Jam.