View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 05:18 PM   #47
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Theres actually people out there who put new pick-ups in their squire and use em as their main guitars.
i mentioned this earlier. if you find a squire that you like the neck of it's the best deal in town for a great guitar. i like the feel of the vintage squire series telecasters.

about 6 months i passed up on one of those "vintage" line of squire teles but it had a killer pickup upgraded on it. guy only wanted i think $140 for it w/hsc i still think about it from time to time. my next purchase is definitely going to be that when the time comes.

what i hate is havling, for instance, a crummy bass in a case that rarely gets played and is only used once in a while for recording and then 3 different mediocre keyboards instead of one great one.

i have a gretsch electromatic that i never play casually. just recording once in a while. i can't sell it either so it's just taking up space and hopefully accruing value as the years pass. owning that guitar really makes me want to join a rock band as a rhythm guitarist. it's a great axe it's just not quite cut out for the type of playing i do everyday or am exploring in my solo work (frippertronics). then because i have it and rarely play it i feel like i'm neglecting it. ugh