View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 12:41 PM   #966
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Look, I know Trumps a loud mouth and all, but the guys obviously very intelligent. I think a lot of people are selling him short.

Is he the best option to lead America? Hell-no... But he certainly stands above the other stiffs competing for the Repbublican nominee
You are right on this, and it's something many liberals are overlooking, out of sheer ignorance or emotional gut reaction.

There is plenty of evidence to suggest that Trump is applying smart marketing strategy to a targeted market. The uneducated, the xenophobic, the anti-establishment voters - the things Trump says are often completely unrelated to his own personal disposition, whatever that may be. He says these things to gain approval, to amass votes, and to gain power.

Why is the RNC shitting itself right now? BECAUSE HE ISN'T IN THEIR POCKETS. FOLLOW THE FUCKING MONEY. Trump'S and the RNC's ideology overlap perfectly, but this has never been about ideology, beyond its application as a tool to manipulate voters and gain their approval.

Trump is no more of a demagogue than the rest of the Republican establishment, he's just BETTER at demagoguery than the establishment pricks who are themselves beholden to specific corporate interests.

Who knows what a president Trump would actually do. It could be horrifying, or it could be more or less the same as the last 8 years, but consider this: the DNC and the RNC are playing the same exact game. They take money from interest groups who oppose change, often times the same groups. The DNC offers the illusion of change, while the RNC refuses it outright. FOLLOW THE MOTHER FUCKING MONEY.

http://i.imgur.com/8fWEOgi.jpg