View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 10:10 AM   #16
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

i guess what motivates me is the knowledge that i'll (often) feel bad about myself if i don't do these things, and feel good if i complete at least a couple of tasks.

sometimes i get stuck. i think because i have so many tasks, and i can't quite see how i'll get through all of them. so i end up not doing anything at all, which isn't very productive...
the best way to get through a pile of tasks, i find, is breaking the pile down in individual things, and then just decide which one or two will be done first, depending on both importance (some things are more urgent) and what you feel like doing more than some of the other things.
once this one or two tasks are done, you can go back to the pile and pick something else, or just be happy with yourself and call it a day.
it's not perfect, but at least you end up doing something, rather than feeling like you can't handle all of it, and not doing anything at all as a result.

next to that, i think being able to do nothing at all and not feel too bad about it is also useful. (you end up feeling bad less often. so you're happier. and isn't that what we're after anyway?)