View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 04:13 PM   #36
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
My only advice is that you take up an instrument that won't make so much noise and thus won't bother anyone.
Yeah I'd say the one only vague positive to come from this is that I've been playing guitar more and getting better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
Yes, this. I understand it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but getting in trouble with the cops when you haven't done anything wrong fucks with your head, and the system is meant to make you feel intimidated and dehumanized.

I got busted for weed about 5 years ago and although it wasn't a big deal (had to do 24 hours of community service and submit to 12 weeks of drug tests or something really insulting like that), it took a psychological toll on me. It sucks to be victimized by your government for something which isn't wrong. What I can say is that it will pass and although it feels shitty now, eventually it will be behind you. The experience actually ruined weed for me for awhile, but obviously that didn't last forever.
Thank you. It really sucks to be victimized by your government for something which isn't wrong. I've honestly lost all respect for this country now. How can we, in good faith, wank ourselves off about being the land of the free when thousands of people have to go through this unjust bullshit every year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
no one ever talks about the psychological toll being in trouble with the law (warranted or not) takes.
Definitely. It seems like most people like to brush it aside, because if you broke the law, you're a bad person and deserve it, or some shit.

The only thing I found after weeks of searching is a little article on a Florida DUI lawyer's site. Honestly if I got a DUI at least I'd feel like I deserved it to some extent. That's actually dangerous. Simple possession of something totally culturally acceptable is absolute bullshit.