View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 05:16 PM   #29
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaldust View Post
untr00 they allow lossy, even very lossy stuff on there
i don't know.

i know they generate mp3s if you want them to, but i believe the original upload to the live music archive has to be lossless.
maybe this rule doesn't count for other parts of archive.org.

http://www.archive.org/about/faqs.ph..._Music_Archive
Quote:
What is the Live Music Archive all about?

This audio archive is an online public library of live recordings available for royalty-free, no-cost public downloads. We only host material by trade-friendly artists: those who like the idea of noncommercial distribution of some or all of their live material. Live recordings are a part of our culture and might be lost in 100 years if they're not archived. We think music matters and want to preserve it for future generations.

The LMA draws strength from the members of etree.org and other online communities of music fans devoted to providing public access to high-quality digital recordings of tradable performances. Typically, recordings are made by the fans themselves. Recordings are preserved in "Lossless" archival compression formats such as Shorten or FLAC (MP3 is not Lossless) for highest quality preservation.

Patrons may download from the LMA with the understanding that the artists still hold their copyrights. All material is strictly noncommercial, both for access here and for any further distribution.