rider (sunset symphony)***
colisseum***
like lambs***
fragile, the spark***
letters to the void***
anon***
duster/***
Quote:
One of the wonderful things about this new age of social media is that I get a very clear sense of what others are interested in as it pertains to my personal or public life. And one must avoid the Pavlovian response to speak to the greater interest at the detriment of those who truly are interested in artistic process (which time has shown is probably the least interesting detail to most). So here, over two screencaps, I have listed the songs collected for this newest solo album (named, but not yet revealed). Page 1 having the newer songs written plus those that are to be re-recorded, Page 2 has the cover songs I’d like to take a stab it (time permitting) and also those (the ones with ***) that I’m satisfied with; having cut the masters during my last trip to Nashville.
Now, I realize a list doesn’t do much if you haven’t heard the music, but it does show the work involved and that there will be new music coming soon in addition to the 8 @smashingpumpkins songs being mixed. And I’ve stated before, given that I’d like this solo album to be 16 songs (or a true double vinyl for collectors) I’m heavily leaning towards releasing 4 ep’s that would later be collected together; for it’s hard for me to imagine that 16 acoustic songs could be given a fair listen far past those of you reading this post. Which takes me back to my original thought in this, which is if you know many won’t hear-listen-or be particularly affected in this time-space, why bother(?) the answer is simple: It’s who I am (a writer/musician) and life’s greatest personal joy is to be who you are without reservation. And make no mistake, I am lucky as almost all my released work, given space and time, is being found, discovered, and celebrated where it deserves to be. And it is because of kind people like you, who actually read to the bottom of these posts, that such dissemination is possible. So if life is a long novel, I still have many, many chapters to write, and lost pages to pull up from the dust. Because when all is said and done, I do plan on leaving a full testament to what I saw and understood here, and I’m cool if that means only you and the aliens will understand. The rest, in God’s hands.