Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   WHAT THE FUCK is goign on with the music selection by fox in the world series? (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=75329)

Liquid-J 10-24-2004 08:21 PM

WHAT THE FUCK is goign on with the music selection by fox in the world series?

i cannot fathom how in the hell these selections were made aside from someone saying lets pick a bunch of songs that will infuriate anyone who isn't a complete fucking retard.

alexthestampede 10-24-2004 08:22 PM

Re: WHAT THE FUCK is goign on with the music selection by fox in the world series?

Quote:

Originally posted by Liquid-J
i cannot fathom how in the hell these selections were made aside from someone saying lets pick a bunch of songs that will infuriate anyone who isn't a complete fucking retard.
examples for pplwho dont watch baseball pls?

one time i was flipping channels and they were playing "today" for some mlb thing. it excited me a little bit

daydreamer999 10-24-2004 08:22 PM

what songs are there?

Isle 10-24-2004 08:23 PM

the majority of american sportsfans are retarded enough not care, i guess.

GlasgowKiss 10-24-2004 08:23 PM

U.S.A! U.S.A! U.S.A!

Liquid-J 10-24-2004 08:23 PM

i don't know the song titles, just some lyrics...

'that's what friends are for'

'ohhh hoo it's magic'

'i am the warrior'.

there were some equally retarted selections last night, it was so confusing

Sepiae 10-24-2004 08:24 PM

When I think Curt Schilling, I think Vixen.

skippy 10-24-2004 08:25 PM

Quote:

i don't know the song titles, just some lyrics...

'that's what friends are for'

'ohhh hoo it's magic'

'i am the warrior'.

Dude, you just dissed my three favorite songs. :(

Isle 10-24-2004 08:25 PM

Quote:

'i am the warrior'.

LOL i hope that's not thin lizzy. don't be dissin the lizzy, j!:o

pale blue eyes 10-24-2004 08:28 PM

It was annoying, along with all the gratuitous montages. I mean, it says it starts at 7:35pm and it doesn't start for like another hour, or at least it was the case yesterday. Maybe I just don't watch sports that often on TV but it's freaking annoying. Just say 8:30pm or whatever. When the game finally starts, I just mute the TV and put a CD on.

Liquid-J 10-24-2004 08:28 PM

their selection in fenway seems to be fine, they're p;laying welcome to the jungle right now..

but the music they are selecting on fox is like... stuff you'd hear in the back ground of bad 80s movies or smoething, in a depart,ment store

GlasgowKiss 10-24-2004 08:30 PM

Quote:

their selection in fenway seems to be fine, they're p;laying welcome to the jungle right now..

but the music they are selecting on fox is like... stuff you'd hear in the back ground of bad 80s movies or smoething, in a depart,ment store

When you are in charge of the music all the kids will be complaining that it sounds like the background to a bad 90's movie.

So whats yer point.

pale blue eyes 10-24-2004 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Isle

Thin Lizzy sucks SO HARD. Them and Rush, I just don't see the appeal. They're lyrics are horrible, it's like crappy poetry that kids write in second grade. Every other line rhymes, it's fine in some songs but every song I've heard of theirs is like that.

alexthestampede 10-24-2004 08:31 PM

one of the few thigns i miss about houston was the 80's only radio station

Isle 10-24-2004 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pale blue eyes

Thin Lizzy sucks SO HARD. Them and Rush, I just don't see the appeal. They're lyrics are horrible, it's like crappy poetry that kids write in second grade. Every other line rhymes, it's fine in some songs but every song I've heard of theirs is like that.

this is true and i agree 100%, but it is allowable because they are a 70's/80's cheese metal band and have some kickass guitar solos. you would have thought their technical ability would allow them to come up with some more interesting rhythm guitar, but oh well. plus they influenced the pumpkins big time.

Jonny5 10-24-2004 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GlasgowKiss
U.S.A! U.S.A! U.S.A!
that's what my lounge sounds like. and it's right across the freakin' hall. :dammit:

pale blue eyes 10-24-2004 08:38 PM

Quote:

this is true and i agree 100%, but it is allowable because they are a 70's/80's cheese metal band and have some kickass guitar solos. you would have thought their technical ability would allow them to come up with some more interesting rhythm guitar, but oh well. plus they influenced the pumpkins big time.

I guess so, it just annoys the hell out of me. Everytime I hear "The Boys Are Back In Town" I want to scream. Are they big across the pond or something? My dad's friend gets this British magazine called ROCK and they worship that band to a ridiculous degree.

Liquid-J 10-24-2004 08:39 PM

Quote:

When you are in charge of the music all the kids will be complaining that it sounds like the background to a bad 90's movie.

So whats yer point.

my point is that i'd like to fuck you in the pants, slap you in the face, and then do a magic trick.

EXTRAVABONSOR 10-24-2004 08:40 PM

i kidn of like it when they show their fantasy league stats and 'dear mr. fantasy' is playing.

thats a really good song.

GlasgowKiss 10-24-2004 08:41 PM

Quote:

my point is that i'd like to fuck you in the pants, slap you in the face, and then do a magic trick.

And it would cost you more than you can afford.

So whats yer point.

*makes sexy sexually unavailible face*

Isle 10-24-2004 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pale blue eyes

I guess so, it just annoys the hell out of me. Everytime I hear "The Boys Are Back In Town" I want to scream. Are they big across the pond or something? My dad's friend gets this British magazine called ROCK and they worship that band to a ridiculous degree.

well they are irish and were based in london for quite a while. plus my friend's mum went out with Phil Lynott (singer).

Liquid-J 10-24-2004 08:50 PM

Quote:

And it would cost you more than you can afford.

So whats yer point.

*makes sexy sexually unavailible face*

i'll take out a loan

Sepiae 10-24-2004 08:56 PM

Quote:

It's Vixen.

Toby 10-24-2004 08:59 PM

Quote:

:rofl:

3Marlon3Brando 10-24-2004 08:59 PM

they are so clever playing foo fighters - gimmie stitches for Schilling

Trotskilicious 10-24-2004 09:14 PM

I was watching Monday Night Football about a week ago, and they were playing "Immigrant Song" during the team introductions for the Titans I think. Everyone knows that this song should be reserved for the Minnesota Vikings.